Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Recipes from Near and Far

I made these chocolate chip cookies and they were probably the best cookies I've ever made. I don't know about you, but I always look at pictures of cookies and wish that mine turned out picture worthy. They always flatten, burn on the bottom, or I add too much chocolate chips cause I want to get rid of the bag. These cookies DID turn out just like the picture, no joke.. and they are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be and more.
This picture and recipe are from cookingontheside.com Click for recipe

We tried this casserole the other night and we really liked it. I was a bit nervous about the fennel. I've never eaten it before, and was afraid it would taste like black licorice (EW). But! The fennel tasted great! This is a recipe I am going to keep making for sure! I got a little creative with the type of sausage to put in the casserole, I used chorizo mexican sausage and it was a great spicy addition to the recipe.
Picture and recipe from Kayotic Kitchen Click for recipe

If you are ever in the mood for a salad and you're sick of the same ol' same old thing, you should try making Napa Cabbage Salad! My sister-in-law brought this to Christmas dinner and it was amazing! I need to make it myself soon, because I can't stop thinking about it! So tasty, crunchy, colorful, and delicious! Mmm Mmm!

Napa Cabbage Salad
Ingredients
1 large head Napa cabbage
1/4 - 1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 pkg. Ramen noodles, crushed
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup sliced almonds, browned

Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce

Directions
Mix only cabbage (broken in pieces) and green onions. Just before serving add remaining ingredients and toss the salad with the dressing.



No comments: