Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Made in U.S.A.

I've been trying to be more conscious about the things I buy lately, I want to buy things made in America. I am not 100% hardcore devoted to this, but when I have a choice I really like to try to choose those items.

I'm going to make a list of great things I've found, and of products I've always loved, but haven't ever turned the box over to check if it's Made in USA. I hope to keep finding tons more!

Burt's Bees - Lovely lovely products and now you have a better excuse to spend that extra money on it!

Boudreax's Butt Paste and all Boudreax products.

Arbonne - Lovely make-up, skincare, and baby lines. I use their baby stuff.

Baby Bjorn Potty Chair - Learned this as Josey was dragging her chair all over the bathroom :)

Green Toys - Company that makes toys out of recycled materials. We have a cute kitchen set!

Saltwater Sandals - I didn't know this, until I recently got Josey some sandals for the summer

Some West Elm furniture is assembled in the USA - Hmm, good to know. I like their stuff!

CHI flat iron - VERY nice flat iron! Does a great job! Gorgeous gorgeous hair! CHI also offers other products made here at home!

Sam's Club cookie sheets - I really, really, like my cookie sheets. I also feel like Sam's Club (and Walmart) does a good job trying to keep Made in USA products in their stores.

Nordic Ware- an array of kitchen products

Pyrex- Glass bakeware

Lenox- Fine China

Hudson Jeans- These are OH so cute. I want a pair. Look them up, YOU will want a pair! Maybe this can be my excuse to splurge... maybe.

This is just a short list. Most of this is stuff I've noticed around my house. I like to try to keep my eyes open to where things are made, especially in this economy!

Man, all this wants me to shout out a big ol'

"AMERICA!!!"

I wish I could type that the way my older brother shouts it ;)

Something like "AMEEERRRICAAAAA!!" With a Texan twist...

Haha, have a good day!

Add to the list in comments, I want to keep finding stuff!!

1 comment:

michele said...

cool! I think it is important to buy American made when possible too! I like this post.