Friday, April 22, 2011

4 Month Appointment

She makes my day!

Josey had her 4 month appointment on Wednesday. They said she is thriving! Which is so nice to hear. I feel so blessed to have a happy healthy baby girl! Josey weighs 16.2 pounds, and is 26 inches long! She is in the 90th percentile for her height, weight, and head circumference. Big girl!!

I was so excited that the doctor said Josey could start eating solids! I have a few baby recipe books and want to make as much as I can for her. Her first dinner was potatoes! She loved it!! By the end of feeding her, she was screaming at me if I didn't feed her fast enough. Opening her mouth for the next bite and everything! Yaay! This little girl loves to eat! Josey can also drink 2-4 ounces of juice or water a day too! Probably get more water than juice, because I don't want her to have that much sugar. Unless I buy her expensive stuff that's actually real. Probably won't happen for awhile.

With all this eating I've been hoping that Josey would start sleeping through the night. I've been giving her a rice cereal bedtime bottle for the past month or so, and nothing has changed. So I started trying the enfamil restfull sleep formula at night, and there's still no change. I've tried a combo of the two with an evening bottle of rice cereal, and a bedtime bottle of the special enfamil and she's still hungry! Oh well, maybe she's just growing so much that's why she's hungry all the time... I'm pretty used to it now, but definitely looking forward to a full night's sleep sometime. Maybe I should just throw that out the window.

I mentioned earlier about starting planting season, and we've been rained out. We did get a couple fields done though. Hopefully everything starts to dry up soon! I hope that the fields planted aren't drowned out. Casey can't wait to get back out there and finish planting. It's so fun to watch it all grow! Both of us look forward to the day when Casey can just farm and not have a second job so far away. Someday he will!

No comments: