Monday, April 11, 2011

Planting Started!

Today the men started planting corn! Woohoo! That means lots of things to do, and Casey hardly getting any sleep. He asked for a big chunk of time off at his day job, cause there is so work he can't farm just at night. We are really excited though! So nice to have one year down so that we know what to expect! I hope to post some pictures this season!

There is always a "race" with the farmers to see who can start planting earliest, and I must say we are one of the first ones in our area! :)

Since Casey's gone so much I find myself antsy. He's getting home late now, and I want to make sure I am feeding him really good so he's not hungry.

So on this first day I am baking chocolate chip cookies to take in the tractor!

Recipe:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Oven temp - 330 degrees
Time - 13-15 minutes

Mmmm mmmm!


Josey will be four months old this week Thursday. It's happy and sad. She is even trying to sit up now to! She wobbles a lot, but she's trying!!! Here she is talking to her Grandma Kathy on Skype to show her how she's started sitting! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Josey is adorable! And those cookies look super yummy!!
Good luck with the season! :)