Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grocery Store Exploring

I have been having a little fun grocery shopping lately, and I've been trying some new products. Some we approve of, some not to good. Let's focus on the good ones!

On our good, oh so yummy, lets buy it forever and ever list is:

Strawberry Fig Newtons- These are yummy! A nice break from the regular Fig Newtons, we've been buying those for a long time. Josey loves these strawberry ones too! Kid tested, mother approved in this house.

Noosa Yogurt- I can't say enough about this yogurt. It is SO creamy and delicious! It also has the good for you live bacteria in it, which is something I look for when I buy yogurt. I think everyone has been kind of on a yogurt trend lately, this kind should be here to stay! It isn't Greek yogurt, it's Australian, and it's lovely! We have tried almost all the flavors, all are good, but the honey is our favorite. 

Crumpets- Reminds me tea parties with my sisters growing up. We had such horrible British accents! But, oh so much fun. When I saw these in the store I HAD to get them. These are pretty much the same thing as English Muffins, except the bread has even more tiny holes that butter and jam can sink into. YUM. 

Flax Seed Cookies- These are a great healthy snack. You should try them! I'm weird about what ingredients are in the packaged food that I buy. The ingredients have to be familiar to me. For example, if I was making these cookies myself I would use the same ingredients as listed on the package. I'm so sorry high fructose corn syrup! (and all you other weird made up ingredients!)

The whole ingredients thing just reminded me of juice. If the front label says pomegranate cherry juice, the ingredients should start off with pomegranate, right? Nope, it's almost always apple. Then maybe the 6th or 7th ingredient down, the label will finally say pomegranate. Same with so many other juices! Sneaky sneaky!

Take and Bake Bread- SO delicious! Light and fluffy loaves of bread that come in so handy. These loaves can add that last special touch to make an ordinary dinner extraordinary.


What fun new grocery products have you found lately??





No comments: