Monday, September 26, 2011

Beginning of Harvest


Harvest Photos



Casey taking a break one morning with Josey. She's learning to have a good eye for the best tractors! 


Casey cleaning off the combine with the blower. That job is especially fun on a windy day.


One of the tractors, John Deere is the way to go around here! That yellow pipe you see is loading the corn way up into the grain bin. Where corn is dried to the correct moisture then trucked into town. 


Casey seeing if Josey wants to climb up the grain bin for him. She wasn't so sure...

(I couldn't upload these next photo's any bigger)


One day we went on a little family ride in the combine. It was Josey's first time! She watched quietly with really wide eyes at what was going on. Josey seemed to like it in the end!


Josey hanging out by the old Mack farm truck.


Little scrunched nose face!


Sitting with Grandpa Ray! You can't tell he likes Josey at all, huh? :) Grandpa Ray just loves her! She's pretty much got him wrapped around her little finger.

Everything has been going decently well with harvest so far. (Yay!) Casey's still going back and forth to college in between everything. Josey and I have been holding down the fort at home, with occasional trips back and forth to the working men. Josey is getting about 3 more teeth at the same time, which is great fun (NOT). Poor baby! I've also had some awesome girlfriends visit this past week. It was great to catch up and have some girl time. Fall is our favorite time of year! I can't wait for all the gorgeous colors, baking pumpkin bread, making soup, and bundling up!


2 comments:

michele said...

I love your blog!! I remember you so well as a baby Tara! What a darling baby girl you have, I know you must be enjoying her a ton!
Michele (Zylstra) Jansen

Unknown said...

Thank you! You and your family, even though not always present, were always thought about and talked about throughout our childhood :) I have a few memories of you and your sisters babysitting us! I remember I really liked how you read books to us! Your family is adorable, and I love your pictures!