Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kohrs Superhero Sandwich

In a recent conversation with my older sister we were tossing sandwich ideas back and forth.

I wanted to find ideas for meals Casey can eat while driving the combine.

(This is a combine ;)
After she read to me a recipe idea, we both stopped and said "Mmmm! Doesn't THAT sound good?" (we started licking our lips and giggling at each other) We read about a three layered french bread sandwich, each layer slathered in butter, then tossed in the oven.

Doesn't that sound good???

Both of us did decide that the recipe needed major modifications. There wasn't even cheese on the original recipe! I decided to make this for dinner last night. My sister's family sadly missed out, but were sent pictures to drool over.

So, this is what we came up with.... A Kohrs Superhero Sandwich!


What you need:
French bread
Butter
Lunch Meat
Cheese Slices
Caramelized Onions
Italian Dressing (or similar)
Oven Temp: 400 degrees

First, chop up your onion and place it in a pan over med-low heat with 2-3 tabs of butter. Then, cut about 4-6 inches off of your french bread, to make the size of your sandwich. Then, take your bread that you want to use for the sandwich and cut it into three slices horizontally.


Spread butter on the bottom slice and add meat and cheese. Take the middle slice and spread with (ALOT of) butter, and drizzle with Italian dressing. Place onto the bottom layer of the sandwich.


I decided to do one sandwich with Italian dressing and one with Spicy Ranch. Both were tasty! Now, place meat and cheese on top of your dressing. Take onions off of the stove and scoop them right onto the top of your cheese.


Now put the top of the sandwich on and spread with butter.


Wrap in foil and place in preheated oven on top rack for 15 minutes. I was nervous for how the sandwich would turn out. I thought that when I opened the foil I was going to have a huge mess inside. But surprisingly I didn't!


Here's a close picture of all the layers. Mmm Mmm delicious!


Casey's reaction wasn't bad either! I was told that the sandwiches were amazing the first bite. After the second bite, I got a DOUBLE thumbs up, and Casey said the sandwiches were a home-run!

The salad you see is from a previous post, you can find the recipe here.

I love having recipes like this that are so quick to make and taste so good!

No comments: