Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby Puffs, Carne Asada


Today was Josey's first day of eating baby puffs! Her first step to eating real un-pureed food! I was scared to give these to her, and wanted to wait until she had teeth. There's no sign of teeth yet, but thought I'd let her have them anyways. (they completely dissolve and melt in their mouth) Josey really liked eating her puffs! I could tell she felt like such a big girl. Staring at me the whole time to make sure it was okay to put something she was holding in her mouth. She ate a bunch!!


I'm amazed everyday at how much she is growing. 

Well there's not much else going on today. Other than grocery shopping, cleaning out the garage and making our version of Carne Asada.

If your interested, here's my recipe I have jotted down... 
There's so many different versions and varieties, but this works well for us. Click here for a link to the Cilantro Lime Rice recipe, it's absolutely delicious.

Carne Asada

2 lbs meat (flank steak- sliced paper thin)
1-2 oranges squeezed on top
1/2 onion sliced thinly
handful cilantro cut with scissors
pappy's seasoning to coat

Marinate meat most the afternoon with everything on top. Couple hours at least. Put on hot grill 1-2 minutes each side. It goes fast!

Eat by itself or on hard taco shell with black beans, refried beans, tomato, shredded lettuce, cheese, green onion (or similar)

Sides

Cilantro Lime Rice

Corona and Lime (which I may or may not have just opened after writing this) 

No comments: